Angus> I've noticed one small peculiarity with the latex beamer class.
Angus> (For those that don't know it, it's a *fantastic* class with
Angus> which to create pdf presentations. See
Angus> http://latex-beamer.sf.net)

Angus> It uses a nice, sans serif font by default, but I find that
Angus> \mathrm{foo} results in foo being typeset with a serifed font.
Angus> Ditto with \textrm. See attached test case.

What's the problem? The default font is sans-serif, which is different
from roman. You get what you ask for. You should not assume that roman
is always the default font. The same applies to foilTeX, BTW.

JMarc