Raymond> I decided to downgrade to KDE 3.2 Mandrake 10.0 Official. The
Raymond> dead keys bug was present not only in LyX and Kword but in
Raymond> other qt apps like Scribus. I found no comments about this
Raymond> possible bug on KDE's site. 158 rpm to remove and almost as
Raymond> much to reinstall... But everything went fine and the dead
Raymond> key bug is out.

Raymond> LyX qt needs KDE even if I mainly use WindowMaker...

That is very very strange... I do not see how KDE could interfere with
LyX in this way.

JMarc