Alfredo Braunstein wrote:

mario wrote:

Yes, of course :-)

Sorry for misunderstanding.

still, I was looking for something on the lyx bars as to open, say, a
side window and see  the LaTeX source directly.

Actually lyx works internally at a higher level than latex, so this is not
possible.

Alfredo

Which somehow doesn't stop me from doing it. :-)

Edit->Preferences->File formats, highlight LaTeX, fill in the Viewer slot with your favorite text editor or text viewer (with path, if it's not on your command path), and save. You should now have a View->LaTeX menu entry that effectively exports to a temp file and opens it with the editor/viewer you picked. (The new window is not a child window of LyX, but otherwise I think it does what you want.)

-- Paul

Paul A. Rubin Phone: (517) 432-3509
Department of Management Fax: (517) 432-1111
The Eli Broad Graduate School of Management E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michigan State University http://www.msu.edu/~rubin/
East Lansing, MI 48824-1122 (USA)
Mathematicians are like Frenchmen: whenever you say something to them,
they translate it into their own language, and at once it is something
entirely different. J. W. v. GOETHE