On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:54:51PM +0200, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> Francois Renard wrote:
>
> >I'd like to know if ti's possible to import a table into lyx (as a table),
> >or to transform a text to a table.
>
> Yes it is. Somebody wrote a csv -> Lyx converter named csv2lyx.
> Under
>
> http://www.lyx.org/download/contrib.php3
>
> there is an old version, but possibly it won#t work with LyX 1.3.x due
> to changes in the LyX-file structure.

  Due to lyx2lyx (don't you think that there too may xxx2lyx around ;-)
there is no problem, lyx will be able to read the resulting code, no matter
what version.

  I have tested csv2lyx, even with 1.4.0cvs, so I can assure you that it
works. :-)

> The author, I stupidly lost his name and email address, sends me a
> version, that works with LyX 1.3.x. He compiled it for me under Windows,
> but it is possible to biuld it at other platforms.

  António Gulino

> You need the files csv2lyx.* and the file preamble-inc.tex.
> The file csv2lyx is a small german documentation.
> If someone wants to use it, I'll tranlate the doc into english.

  Please do, it would be also interesting to have the new package in contrib.

--
José Abílio Matos
LyX and docbook a perfect match. :-)