On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 04:46:20PM +0200, roland schmitz wrote:
> Hi Alexis,
>
> > I embed Subversion keywords in my LyX documents (e.g. '$HeadURL$
> > $LastChangedRevision$') and this works fine.  You can use the RCS
> > keywords, which CVS uses to do the same thing. Try putting '$Revision$'
> > in your document. Look at RCS's co(1) man page for a list of
> > keywords.
> This sounds quite simple, before i started this thread, i googled the web
> with "linux lyx cvs" and found countless pages which doesn't help me. Is
> there any source to read for me? Until this weekend, i can't check it it,
> but i can read about it, if i know where.

Put the following in your LaTeX preamble:

% RCS style.
\def\RCSdef $#1${\typeout{RCS keyword string: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: {} :.}
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: #2 :#3.{\expandafter\def\csname RCS#1\endcsname{#2}}

Then, in your document (or in your preamble), do:

\RCSdef $Revision$
\RCSdef $Date$

Now, you can use \RCSRevision or \RCSDate in your document (in a
LaTeX ERT inset).

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan  | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)