At the moment I'm generating numerous PICT files on a Mac (that is the only format the software is capable of exporting), and I would like to get these into a LyX document on my Linux box.

I can use the "convert" programme to convert from PICT to PNG format, but in the "Converters" tab of LyX preferences there is no where to specify what LyX will do with PICT files. Is it possible to add a new file format for LyX to automatically convert? (or is it easier to just continue doing this from the command line)

(If it makes any difference I'm running Lyx 1.3.4)

Ta,
Paul