On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:00:50PM +0100, Charles de Miramon wrote:

> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/qtextdocument.html

I just had a quick look at this. Unfortunately it's unsuitable. It is
designed as a simple "hand over the keys to the car and bring back my
shopping" interface. What we need is components that help us build our
own interface, not some black box that we can query for stuff.

Wherever it makes sense we do use the Qt library for UI, as much as
possible. Unfortunately the Qt library is very much "our way or no way
at all" in large part... in particular truly separated MVC seems very
hard to do if we use these black box components.

regards
john