On Thursday 06 January 2005 16:04, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Alberto wrote:
> > I don't know if the my university has a fixed style...and i don't know
> > how to ask this. Probably my professors as me can see if the document has
> > a good layout or not, but we don't know the name of the "good layout"
> > with lyx...for this reason i asked to this mailing-list.
>
> Alberto,
>
>    It's been a couple of decades since I left grad school so things may
> have changed. But, each of the two universities where I earned graduate
> degrees has a 'graduate college' and that office provides a style guide for
> theses and dissertations. It defines page size, margins and other details
> so that each submission is exactly like all the others. Your thesis advisor
> can tell you which office has these details.

Rich,

i wish to assure you that the things are not changed in these years. But
probably you could not understand,  due my bad english, that i does not told
you that there aren't layout conventions, instead i meant that i don't know
how to setup lyx to understand what i wish....
Infact i told:

While when i wrote this:

> > I don't know if the my university has a fixed style...and i don't know
> > how to ask this.

I done an error! ....I know the style, but i don't know its lyx name.
Sorry for my error.
 Is it a book, a koma-book, a newspaper article, a seminar?
With lyx i see only the layout names, not what a layout implies too....so must
i prove all them? I hope i could use a more scientific approach....
Isn't there an official guide that explains the margin convenction that a
style implies?
I tried with the lyx site, but i was not able to see what i'm looking for...
So i just asked to the "Lyx mailing list"....if I offended you, i'm sorry.
It was not in my intentions.

> >>    Look for the bibtex documentation on your system.
> >
> > This point is not so clear. I mean that i don't understand if i must
> > install another program(s) or if it is already installed into lyx. Anyway
> > i will search!
>
>    No, bibtex is part of the LaTeX distribution used by LyX.

But if i installed lyx, i should have installed LaTex too.
...or not?

> Good luck!

thanks i need it.

> Rich