> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, samar j. singh wrote:
> > 1. In the "Insert Graphics" is it possible to change the defaults in the
> > fields that come up. For instance,
> > I invariably prefer to have the   "Output Width" occupy 100 per cent of
the
> > "col%". At the moment it comes up with "scale%".
>
> I rarely scale my figures and instead tries to make them the right size
> from beginning, so I don't think col% should be default.
> But I agree there should be a possibility to change the default values by
> some settings.

I agree that in the perfect world of a graduate school setting this is a
good philosophy.
Regrettably the world outside forces compromises. Point taken about good
practice, though.

> > 2. In beamer is it possible to create macros that insert ERT with a
specific
> > keypress?
> I guess that you mean in the beamer class. Right?
> Lyx lacks the possibility to have class sensitive key-bindings. But you
> can always make a binding that inserts something, but then the binding
will be
> valid in all documents.
> This is what I have in my personal bind-file to create an ERT
>     \bind M-r "command-sequence ert-insert; self-insert \\rb{} ;
inset-toggle"
> So by pressing M-r the macro creates a ERT put \rb{} into it and closes
it.
> Johan Ingvast, PhD student http://www.md.kth.se/~ingvast
> Department of Machine Design, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
> http://www.md.kth.se, http://www.md.kth.se/~cas <--- Walking robot proj
> tel +46 (0)8 790 95 36 mob. +46 (0)70 34 34 498

Thank you Johan. This is what I was looking for and its not a problem with
it being true of all documents.
The little example you have given is of great practical help. Never quite
figured out these bind files though
I understand the concept - I think.

samar