>>Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:16:53 -0800 (PST)
>>From: Rich Shepard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: Keybinding for italic
>>
>>On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Paul Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Just a doubt: is emphasised exactly the same than italic?
>>
>>Paul,
>>
>>   Yes. I needed C-e to move to the end of a line so I made C-i the key
>>instead. The other two font changers are C-b for bold and C-k for (k)apitol;
>>i.e., small caps which LaTeX uses as the noun form for names of people.

I suppose you need these because you don't want to use the mouse during typing.

In the default.ui, I have a button  (!) for \emph, and a button for \noun.
The "Font" button applies the current Character Layout, so programming the
series to bold
does it for \bold.

Of course, I also need typewriter family, so I would like another button
connected to it,
and there is only one font-free function connected to the character layout,
so up to now, I manage by marking up either bold or typewriter or whatever at
the last parsing of the doc,
changing the Font button allocation in between: in fact I decide upon character
style in a phase where
spellchecking is done and I only need to edit character style with the mouse.

While we're at character style, what is planned exactly for this in the next
release ?
The original thread was about italic, and you will have noticed it shifted to
\emph,
which is very different in fact. In the same line, \noun is not alike \textsc.

--
Jean-Pierre