Rasmus Ory Nielsen wrote:

I think that the size of the typewriter font used in urls is too large.

The used font depends on the font choosed in Layout -> Document. You can also set another font in the preamble.
But what are you mean with "too large"? Typewriter is monospaced, so that every letter has the same width.

And even more strange: the size of the typewriter font depends on how I
produce the output: With "View postscript" the font is a bit too large.
With "View pdf (pdflatex)" the output is perfect (using acrobat). But if
I view the same pdf file in another viewer like gv, xpdf, or gsview the
font is either a bit too large or so big (wide) that it collapses with
the following text.

Astonishing, I have no such problems. The attached pdf looks nice in acrobat and gsview. Also the postscript output looks OK. I use pdflatex 1.21a.

regards Uwe