On Mar 24, 2005, at 11:43 AM, Bennett Helm wrote:

On Mar 24, 2005, at 2:34 PM, Stefano Franchi wrote:

Can anyone explain how to get BibTeX to correctly parse a citation to an article in a book when the .bib file uses the crossref mechanism?

I believe the cross-referenced citation must occur in the .bib file *before* the cross-referencing citation. Switch the order of yours, and it should work.

Bennett

I tried that, and it does not work. Actually it's worse: BibTeX complains that it cannot find the cross-referenced entry if I switch them :-(

Stefano

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64) 9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland                  Fax: (64) 9 373-7408
Private Bag 92019                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auckland
New Zealand