Yousef Raffah wrote:

I have created a lyx document and converted it to pdf using pdflatex. When I print the pdf document, the HP laser printer gives me an error message "21 Page Too Complex" and some of the pages print in half only, I googled that error and found http://www.printertechs.com/tech/error-codes/error-codes-20-49.php which advices to simplify the print job. My question, how can I ensure my lyx document is "simply" when I convert it to pdf?

As far as I know, that's difficult to do in LyX itself without changing the content of the document. There are probably places where you could achieve the same final appearance with different LaTeX constructs which would produce a simpler PDF structure, but I don't know any easy way to find them.

I'd recommend starting with the settings for your printer driver (if this is Windows - remember when posting a question to say what your platform is!) and the program you're using to print the PDF.

Adobe has some suggestions at [1] for problems printing PDF documents to a Postscript printer.

The easiest solution, though, is to add more memory to your printer, if that's an option.

1. http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/316508.html

--
Michael Wojcik