I've been using LyX to prepare some educational material for some time
already.

I'm writing the text using the book class and I'm splitting the chapters into
separate files.  Inside the text, I include a number of figures, which I keep
in JPEG format to save space.

The first time I want to print any portion of the text, or simply view it on
the screen, LyX takes some time converting to EPS all the images in all the
chapters included in the book.  So far, so good; the problem is that every
time that I make some modification and want to take another look, it goes on
to converting ALL the images again, even though the EPS files are already
created.

Well, this is very annoying, because I have a large number of figures
and each time
I want to take a look at the final layout it spends some minutes converting
the images all over again... and this seems to be the default behaviour of
LyX.

Is there no way to instruct the program to use the figures already converted?

Thanks.

--
Rudi Gaelzer
Departamento de Física