Hi all,

My book is preliminarily finished (no index, no bibliography, only 2
proofreads, both by myself). I'm printing some now.

Pages with a couple graphics print so slowly that the printer motor turns off.
I assume it's some kind of bandwidth issue or memory issue. The graphics it
really seems to choke on are the .gif graphics, which are only about 15K
each. My HP 4050 duplex printer has 24MB installed RAM, 15MB RAM DISK Storage
capacity, 100KB Allocated of 20300 KB available I/O buffering, and 0KB
allocated of 17300KB available resource saving.

What this says to me is 3 or 4 15K graphics are NOTHING compared to the RAM in
this printer, and I'd be hard pressed to imagine them saturating a parallel
port.

Could it be that latex2e somehow expands .gif files really big, but doesn't do
that to .eps files?

I can shrink those .gif files if necessary, but I'd just like to make sure I'm
shrinking the things causing the problem.

Thanks

SteveT

--
Steve Litt
Author:

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.