Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
I installed xcolor 2.00 and pgf-0.65 and latex-beamer-3.01 from
latex-beamer.sf.net.

I reconfigured lyx and have the Beamer presentation layout.

I started looking at documentation in the latex-beamer download.

But I am looking for lyx examples.

http://wiki.lyx.org/Examples/Beamer appears empty.

Does anyone have any simple lyx examples for beamer to share?

Before I was using prosper to have around ten slides with a few bullet
points on each slide. My system is setup to do "US Paper" by default and
prosper was doing A4. And my prosper presentation in PDF only used up
about 1/4 of my screen.

As I had spent a lot of time on prosper and had heard good things about
beamer, I decided to give it a try.

My presentation looks nice. But I am not sure how to get it to use my
available screen space.

Now I have a gv window displaying the PDF. It says "y792x612" as the paper
size and it is in portrait mode (by default).

My presentation is in the bottom left corner of the entire white page.

How can I get it to use the entire 792x612? Or how can I get it to use
entire US Letter size? (The paper size doesn't matter since I will be
not be printing?)

When exporting to PDF, I get:
  dvips: note: -t selected paper may be too large

I tried setting Layout > Document > Layout > Paper > Orientation to
Landscape, but then viewing PDF did:

  dvips: both landscape and papersize specified:  ignoring landscape

And gv said the papersize was now y272.13x362.83

This was too small, but at least my presentation used by the entire paper
size.

How can I do landscape mode using a larger paper size while using the
entire paper?

And is there is documentation that briefly and quickly explains each of
the "beamer" choices in the lyx drop-down menu? (Reading the 200+ page
beamer guide helps, but is slow.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

                         BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
                         http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/

I use beamer a fair bit (great package!), but I'm not an expert. So the following is offered with no warranty:

1. As far as I know, page dimensions are "hard-wired" into beamer. I think it's something like 120mm by 90mm, but you'll find it in the manual. Any resizing to fit screen or paper is left to the PDF display utility you use (Acrobat Reader in my case).

2. The "official" method of compiling a beamer presentation is pdflatex, and I'm not sure dvipdfm or dvips/pstopdf are supported at all. I've tried them once or twice (usually by accident -- meant to click Export->pdflatex but missed high) and the results were unusable.

HTH,

-- Paul