Hello,
Marcelo AcuÃfffff1a <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Perhaps qt lib is not guilty of dead keys.

as for the keyboard issues, I can say nothing (I use Ruurd's QtLyX on Win32,
and the keyboard switch works fine.  Thank you, Ruurd!)...

As for the hyphenation,

> *** Hyphenation no work
>
> In log file of latex I can see that module of spanish hyphenation not was
loaded for latex. In accordance with
> advices I edited
>
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat
>
> and then
>
> run iniTeX
>
> and several others actions along several weeks, none of this work.

LyX uses LaTeX in the background, as far as I know; and the package babel takes
care of language management, so you MUST get acquainted with many forks and
dead ends of babel, if you want to typeset real polyglot.

Having said that, the advice was sound: you change the language declaration in
texmf:/tex/generic/config/language.dat, and then you recompile the formats.
This should take care of loading the hyphenation patterns.  Then you specify
the languages you use in your document either in \documentclass[<langs>]
{<class>} or \usepackage[<langs>]{babel} and switch languages according to
babel's conventions (\foreignlanguage, \setlanguage, etc).  All of this happens
at LaTeX level; I don't use spellchecking: I trust my Liberal Arts
education... :)

> ***
>
> Other problems remains:
>
> 1) When I invoke Find & Replace I can't to type accented characters or à
equals to the used for lyx in the text.
> This characters look equals but are differents in code.
>
> 2) I defined double quoted and I can't to type this in Find & Replace.
>
> 3) When I include Chapter* in TOC with ERT: \addcontents ... a point appears
in the left of the entry. This not
> occur in english.
>
> 4) I have an hybrid style. After itemizes, tables, fig, etc. next paragraph
is not indented. After title of
> section the paragraph get indentation. I need modify a lot of paragraph for
get coherence.

Apparently, it all depends on the encoding of the text you're entering.  If the
system is using something awkward in an awkward way, you can neither enter
accented characters nor search/replace them.  So in some way it's not LyX's
fault (I have no problem at all with accents on Win32); but SUSE's settings.

PS.  I am NOT promoting the boot sector virus commonly called "Windows"; it's
my school's fault, not mine, that I don't use a true operating system.  Please
send no flame in this direction... :)