On Thu, 19 May 2005, Rob S wrote:

> > This makes sense to me. A lot of the traffic on this list is caused by
> > Windows-specific bugs and work arounds. Making the Windows pages more
> > visible and easier to extract the desired information from would be a good
> > thing IMO.
> >
> > Of course, adding an automatic redirect to the new pages would be a cool
> > thing to do too :)

That's trivial and just a matter of writing a single line like

        [[redirect:Windows/NewWindowsPage]]

in the old page.

> I have no problem with a separate wiki but:

Just to be clear, not a seprarate wiki but a separate group (basically a
separate namespace for the page names).

> If space is an issue then.....
>
> A lot of the main page info still refers to both the 1.3.3 and 1.3.5
> setups.

I'm guessing an initial thought was to have separate pages for the
different windows versions...

> I see no reason, now that version 1.3.5 appears to be stable on
> Win (with a few tweaks), why the page needs refer to 1.3.3 any longer -
> unless that is I'm told different.  This would thin out a fair bit from
> the page.

I don't know of a reason either.. but I'm not familiar with the windows
version of LyX at all on the other hand...

> Also losing the win98 setup page would not hurt since neither myself or
> the other regular win wiki page editors have kept this up to date (at
> least not in line with the XP 2000 page)

Then it's probably enough to just put a warning on top of that page,
saying it's obsolete.

Btw, it's not like there's not room to store the wiki pages on the
server... I just brought up this issue because it seemed that it was
getting crowded on the pages, i.e. making it difficult to find the
relevant information and editing it.

> The graphics page also could head for the bin for much the same reason -
>   it was a page I started with all good intentions of completing but.....

lol

> Other than that I (and no doubt others) are trimming the main setup page
> down as and when possible.
>
> I guess with arrival of the awaited LyX 1.3.6 there will be no need for
> a win wiki anyway ;-)

It's good to be an optimist!

Anyway, I've gone ahead and created a group called 'Windows'. You can
"move" pages to that group if/when you feel like it. Right now that page
simply refers to the old pages - well, some of them.
        http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/Windows

/Christian