>>From: Kevin Pfeiffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: lyx pipe
>>Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:43:23 +0200
>>
>>Jean-Pierre Chretien writes:

>>I have "~/.lyx/lyxpipe" but the key point is that bibliography tool and
>>LyX agree on the path _and_ pipename!

OK, tkbibtex waits for ~/.lyxpipe.in, and no other place.

>>In some documentation (perhaps even from LyX?) you'll also see
>>"~/.lyxpipe" (with a leading dot and no .lyx directory). This caused me
>>some confusion initially as well.
>>
>>To make things slightly more confusing, "lyxpipe" is only the root
>>basename; when the pipes are created, LyX appends ".in" and ".out"
>>automatically so that if you look in the directory where they are located
>>you'll see "lyxpipe.in" and "lyxpipe.out"

Sure, the reference that you should type in the layout->Inputs menu is
<some_path_to_lyxpipe>/.lyxpipe
If set in the home dir, you should control that
->lyx&
->ls ~/.lyxpipe*
gets the created pipes, which are destyot]yed upon normal quit of lyx, but NOT
by abnormal action (lyx fault or window/os exit).
As the message tells you, you must clean ~/.lyxpipe.* in that case, as
the pipe does not work.

--
Jean-Pierre