Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Sven> Since nobody answered the previous message I chose a more
> Sven> dramatic title this time ;-)
>
> Sven> If nobody tells me the good reason for the above behavior, I am
> Sven> going to post another formal bug.
>
> As far as I know, this jumps to the label corresponding to the ref at
> cursor. Does this answer your question?
>
> JMarc

Yes it does, thank you. I was confused by the current situation because
of three things:
1. Calling this "ref" is really counter-intuitive; Jürgen said in the
other reply that in the future this will be called "goto label", which
is much better, so thanks for that change.
2. The cursor just seems to jump somewhere into the appropriate
paragraph, not right next to the label, so the intended functionality
doesn't become very obvious to the uninitiated. (This is probably a
known issue I would assume.)
3. My document just has quite a few labels and cross-refs, so that made
it more difficult for me to disentangle things (as if you cared...)

-sven