I've fussed and futzed with this and cannot get it right. I've looked at
the beamerpresentation.lyx, too, but cannot see what I'm doing wrong with the
attached file fragment.

  My goal is to have each title/itemized list as a separate block. If I do
not indent the itemized lines, both "chunks" are preceeded by the "block"
command and display in separate boxes. As soon as I specify "itemized" for
the details, I lose the "block" command for the second chunk. However, if I
insert a blank line as a "Standard" environment, the second "Block" command
appears; that blank line is eliminated by LyX as soon as the cursor is moved
elsewhere.

  Please show me where I went off the tracks here.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
#LyX 1.3 created this file. For more info see http://www.lyx.org/
\lyxformat 221
\textclass beamer
\begin_preamble
\usetheme{JuanLesPins}
\useinnertheme{rounded}
\usecolortheme{crane}
\setbeamercovered{transparent}
\end_preamble
\language english
\inputencoding auto
\fontscheme default
\graphics default
\paperfontsize default
\spacing single \papersize Default
\paperpackage a4
\use_geometry 0
\use_amsmath 1
\use_natbib 0
\use_numerical_citations 0
\paperorientation portrait
\secnumdepth 2
\tocdepth 2
\paragraph_separation indent
\defskip medskip
\quotes_language english
\quotes_times 2
\papercolumns 1
\papersides 1
\paperpagestyle default

\layout BeginFrame

Traditional Approach
\layout Block

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard
<1->
\end_inset

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard
{
\end_inset

Descriptive
\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard
}
\end_inset

\begin_deeper \layout Itemize

No particular method is used to determine components.
\layout Itemize

Words are used to present existing conditions.
\layout Itemize

Alternatives are explained by words.
\end_deeper \layout Block

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard
<2->
\end_inset

\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard
{
\end_inset

Problems
\begin_inset ERT
status Collapsed

\layout Standard
}
\end_inset

\begin_deeper \layout Itemize

Not all stakeholder and public values considered.
\layout Itemize

Alternatives are not equally assessed.
\layout Itemize

Cannot objectively equate current and future conditions.
\layout Itemize

All decisions are subjective.
\layout Itemize

The decision-making process is inconsistent.
\end_deeper \layout EndFrame

\the_end