Brian Williams wrote:

If it could deal with spaces in the user directory, surely it
wouldn't need that restriction?

The way I get around this is to map a local network drive (X:) to the
Documents and Settings directory so as to avoid having to create yet
another top level directory.

Quick Windows tip: rather than mapping a local network drive, try subst, which is faster (operates directly at the filesystem level - no SMB generation and parsing, no transfers through the loopback interface), cleaner, and safer (no unnecessarily-shared directory). You can make the subst command an autorun entry in the Registry so it takes effect every time you reboot.

(Personally, I don't use the "Documents and Settings" directory at all if I can help it. I have a sensible user directory with a non-spacey path.)

--
Michael Wojcik