I thought I'd upgrade to the most recent version of LyX (from 1.3.3) on my iBook running 10.3.9. I downloaded the binary, dragged the LyX icon to my Applications folder and then double clicked the LyX Installer icon whereupon I received the message: "The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -10660)." Any suggestions? A cursory trial of LyX shows that it runs and displays pdf output. I'm rather surprised at that because it should be looking the wrong place for preferences I thought. I didn't try editing a file.