Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Can anyone summarize pros/cons of the various options listed in this thread? You're all using (and most are actively developing) LyX, so I assume you see some advantages to LyX, right?

[This is late, but Paul's query doesn't seem to have garnered much response.]

One LyX advantage: it isn't WYSIWYG. I'm happy to argue that separating content and presentation is the right way to go, and that WYSIWYG has done tremendous damage to writing. (Yes, some of my friends at MSU's WIDE (Writing in Digital Environments) center might disagree with that, but if we all agreed on everything we wouldn't have much to talk about at parties.)

--
Michael Wojcik