hi Martin,

Am Dienstag, 23. August 2005 09:01 schrieb Martin A. Hansen:
> On 22/08/05, Michael-E. Voges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Am Montag, 22. August 2005 17:54 schrieb Martin A. Hansen:
> > > and has anyone got the solution to export/convert with bibtex?
> > what do You mean by "solution with bibtex"?
> exporting ascii does not invoke bibtex and hence the references in a
> document is missing.
>
> now, how does one generate a ascii file with the references?
> preferrably without invoking export via rtf or html formats.

It might depend on your op. system. I do'nt know anything about windows. If
you use linux it should not be that hard:

Finish your document including all references etc. and convert it to a pdf or
a ps file. Then you ought to convert it either by pdftotext or by ps2ascii or
pstotext (look man-pages). That should do the job.

If you don't have any references or things like that you even might convert
your LyX-file by its own converter having line length of - for example - 78
(chars). The resulting txt-file load into vim or emacs. You can format there.
VIM in normal mode: ":set tw=2500" <enter> "gggqG" <enter>
Emacs: "C-u 2500 C-x-f M-< C-space M-> M-q"
C means the Strg-key, M (Meta) the Alt-key
I hope that helps (and I didn't do a mistake discribing keys).

Regards

Micha-E.