----- Original Message ----- From: "John Kane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Users LyX" <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: Installation Problem. All entries in Textclass.lst are "false " so no output. Any suggestions?

--- "Paul A. Rubin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
John Kane wrote:
>> I think you said that the MinSYS bin directory
>>(c:\msys\1.0\bin?) was on the LyX internal path
>
> No it was not.  I've added it. Still getting the
error
> after restarting LyX

That's not surprising.  Have you tried
Edit->Reconfigure after adding it
to the LyX path?

  > But DOS is not that far removed from punch
cards!

Which worked admirably, and hence had to be
superseded by something > newer and less reliable.

Obviously, as a student you, did not have the card
reader  shred your  computer deck ½ hours before the
assignment was due and all you needed was a clean
printout.

I have installed R, OpenOffice.org, Endnote and a few
other things on this machine so I assume I have
administrator's rights.

And also LyX. I think the problem may be more basic.
Installing both programs, Ghostscript and then Ghostview.

If you celebrate both Thanksgivings, you can have moose as
the main course of one dinner and wolverine at the second.

Regards,
Stephen