----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul A. Rubin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 8:41 AM
Subject: Re: Installation Problem. All entries in Textclass.lst are "false " so no output. Any suggestions?

You got the same result as me so our approaches must be the same while John has strayed from the righteous path,
and I'm looking for some small difference in our steps.

Your logic is sound, but there are some wild-cards out there (for instance, an anti-virus program selectively interfering with his installation).

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks for taking the time to make a detailed response.
I'm sure John will succeed is he just doesn't give up.
Google reported not building a latex.fmt file during setup
was a problem with Miktex and the symptom was Miktex
trying to rebuild the formatting like his webpage link. But
the last report I saw was in 2004. I saw a report of an old
.emacs file causing one problem, solvable by changing the
location of Cygwin in the path.

Poetic Diction is not blind,
Stephen