> LyX is no WYSIWYG , is WYSIWYM, the M standing for Mean.
> In order to do a quickly update you can use the keyboard. For instance
> S+Ctrl+D updates the dvi output in my machine check you menu for the
> accelerator

Yeah, I know there's a shortcut for it. That's besides the point.
I'm talking about the internal satification and confidence that comes
from making a change and have it
Immediantly reflected back to you without having to use an intermediate
like another shortcut.
Considering the number of requests for autoupdate, I think that it's not
unreasonable.

Cheers,
Ben

PS. I believe this is why WYSIWYG is popular.