YOUNES Abdelrazak wrote:

My Miktex install is very complete so I don't want to download the full
package. The path to latex.exe is in the system wide path
(D:\program\texmf\miktex\bin), is there anything I could do to tell the
installer it's there? Maybe adding a registry key or something?

Hm, you used the Small version of the installer and it aborts the installation because it didn't find MiKTeX, right? If the path " D:\program\texmf\miktex\bin" is really in the PATH variable, could you please check if there is the file "latex.exe" and look in the registry HKey_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment
if the path to the latex.exe is there in the entry "Path"
It detects your MiKTeX when the path is in this registry key.

Ah, perhaps you have two entries in the PATH variable that contains the a folder "miktex". If yes move the actual path at the first position of the PATH. (The problem is that MiKTeX doesn't clean up the PATH when it is deinstalled so that you have more than one entries when you reinstall it. MiKTeX sets the actual one at the first position so that the installer will use the first PATH entry with the folder "miktex" as folder to latex.exe. The next installer version will check every PATH entry with a folder "miktex" for the latex.exe).

Please report me what was the problem.

If nothing helps, use the Network version of the installer and set the path to latex.exe manually.

thanks and regards
Uwe