[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
- i have a multifile document (using inclusions). i often need to touch
the main file to get up-to-date output, otherwise, it won't regenerate the
included files which have changed.

 this is starting to be quite annoying... and touching the main file doesnt
always regenerate the pdf with the latest changes... is there a way to 'make
clean'?
I recognize the problem. Touching is annoying and one has to be carefull such one does not include a single space that lyx eats. Therefore I usually have an open ERT that I put a new whitespace into. I guess one could also have a comment environment and there include any crap. The thing is, one has to make sure the resulting latex file is different from the last.

This brings me to a question for the developers. Is there a reason for not using the excellent program make to handle rebuilding of the document? When I like to view a document, it seems like all conversions are made over again even if they have not changed. I think make would handle the checking of new versions without much effort. I guess you don't want to use an additional program which has to be installed. However, make is pretty small, 130K on my computer.

/johan