The following doesn't harm in any serious way, but
it's a curious behavior.

I think Lyx doesn't handle well commands like \left\{,
 \right\{
\left(, \right), etc. from the user interface.
Especially try the ones for braces, you'll see what I
mean. Interestingly, when you write first
\left(  \right),  and then place the cursor between
the parentheses, Lyx allows you to write between
\right  and ) for example. it's hard to notice this,
as the only visual hint is an invisible slim extra
space before ) caused by \right. This causes latex
errors.

As I said, I don't mean to complain needlessly, but I
thought it may help the developers to improve things
if they feel it's worth it.

Regards,

Nusret