----- Original Message ----- From: "Georg Baum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: sixth release of LyXWinInstaller

Angus wrote:
In order to remind Georg about this problem in the future, I'd suggest
that
you file a bug on bugzilla and be done with it ;-)

I did that already. And I am surprised about this, too: Lots of
discussions about this bug, but nobody felt the need to report it in
bugzilla.

Georg

Bo asked about this on December 30, 2005. Two days later, it
was reproduced by Paul and later that day confirmed by Angus
as a problem with bst files. That confirmation was on Jan 01, 2006
and the "bug" is shown as reported on Jan 03, 2006.

So "nobody" includes people who thought this was a WONTFiX.
AFAIK, there was only one "nobody" who thought this was bug
and it should be fixed within that timeframe. I think the responsibility
for reporting a bug belongs to somebody who does think some event
is a bug and should be fixed. I think fixing a bug is a responsibility of
a nobody who thinks of themself as a developer who has a priority bug
to fix, and not to a user somebody who thinks developer time is better
spent fixing problems with much higher profiles (report ratios).

The last paragraph refers to Georg writing:

I am amazed, too. The time you guys spent with discussing would
probably have been enough to fix the bug.

SH: Apparently, we grasp reality differently because I perceive a snide remark which exaggerated its factual basis, and skirted a true attribution
of bugzilla responsibility in order to masquerade as an incredulous adult.