Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
I don't want to hyphenate them. I don't want to manually add a \newline before them. I just want the latex magic to automatically move it to the next line and justify the line as needed.

This also happens in regular Standard text too, where I have "(TTL)", "(MSS)", MIB-like variables like net.inet.ip.porthilast and net.inet.ip.portrange.hifirst, filenames (with backslashes) like /etc/authpf/authpf.allow, and words that start with a dollar sign (like $foo). These are all same font.

I have many, many lines like this. And adding a \newline or forcing hyphenation causes maintenance problems (as you mention) since I am updating content and later may change paper size.
I think your problems will go away if you turn to left justification.
\raggedright{} in ERT somewhere in the beginning of the document or in the
preamble.
Since you have so many long words that can't be hypenated, you can not expect latex to manage to make the text justified.

/johan