----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcelo Acuña" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Helge Hafting" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: I need workaround of encoding problem

>>export LANG=es_ES
lyx

>>No work for me :-(
>What can I do? I need run spellcheck.

Your lyx installation is clearly broken, perhaps a
reinstall
is in place.  What operating system do you use, how
did
you install lyx?

If you get lyx itself working fine (with menu) but
still
have trouble with the spellchecker, ask again.

Helge Hafting

I get a new hard disk, and I installed suse 9.3, with
this I installed lyx 1.3.5. I make several
installations with different options, (english US,
spanish, english UK, for default language, etc.)
Spellchecker no work in any case. I make trial with
export LANG=es_ES, I get that lyx appears with menu,
but spellchecker no work.
Marcelo

Be systematic with your troubleshooting. Make a small
file of misspelled words. Test that Aspell works all by
itself. From the command line in your Aspell directory
containing mispelled.txt type: aspell -c misspelled.txt
If you have the Aspell program and a dictionary installed,
this should start checking that file for spelling errors. LyX
can't use Aspell unless Aspell works first, all by itself.

This way you can tell if the spellchecker itself is not
working or if it is a problem with LyX. Does your
spellchecker recognize the tilde over ene? Misspell
anos in your misspelled.txt list of words and see if
the missing tilde is recognized. If not the problem is
probably your dictionary. That does not eliminate
the possibility that there might be a problem later
with LyX. But if not standalone, then not with LyX.
With Linux you can have multiple dicts but there is
probably a config file for that covered in Aspell docs.

Regards,
Stephen