> > No, I have about 1000 of this ---comment---, and I
> > need a global setting.
>
> I think it is not possible to redefine --- without
> changing the font metrics.
> Instead, you will have to define your own emdash
> character that does not allow
> a linebreak. Something like

\newcommand\myem{\textormath{\leavevmode\hbox{---}}{---}}

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/lyx/index.htm#BuiltinCharacterStyles

> However, if this is really such a common task in
> Spanish documents, posting a
> question to the Spanish TeX newsgroup
> (es.comp.lenguajes.tex) might help
> further.
>
> HTH,
> Jürgen

Thanks Jürgen, I posted the problem to
es.comp.lenguajes.tex and I get a solution
but this work in Kile and not work in Lyx.
Is not global but simple.
A person in that list say that
after put \usepackage[spanish]{babel}
in preamble  I must put a tilde (~)
prev to em dash ~---like this---
In lyx this not work. Tilde is print without
any change but, before I re-quest to this
person I check it with Kile and this work very
well, tilde is not print and hyphenation is
made correctly.
How I can get it in Lyx?
But I think that a global setting must be
exist. (I never see a broken line like this
).
Or like this (
this is a comment).
I think that same behavior of latex with <)>
and <---> must be exist.
How I can get it?
Remember that I not want avoid hyphenation
in entire comments. I only need that hyphenation
not cut em dash from joint word.
Thanks
Marcelo

A tu celular ¿no le falta algo?
Usá Yahoo! Messenger y Correo Yahoo! en tu teléfono celular.
Más información en http://movil.yahoo.com.ar