Hi All,

How can I preserve the ongoing numbering of the "Enumerate" environment
across subsections?

I am writing a tutorial, which is a "step-by-step" guide through some
functions of some software. Since the sequence of actions is of some
importance, the "Enumerate" environment is perfect here.

This tutorial will be a bit lengthy, thus I would like to insert some
"intermediate titles" (preferably subsections or subsubsections), so that
the user "knows what's coming next". Roughly like this:

STARTING UP
  1. Text Text Text Text Text ...
  2. Text Text Text Text Text ...
  3. Text Text Text Text Text ...
LOGGING IN
  4. Text Text Text Text Text ...
  5. Text Text Text Text Text ...
QUERYING
  6. Text Text Text Text Text ...
  7. Text Text Text Text Text ...

... I think you get the idea.

My question is, how do you achieve this in LyX? (One particular challenge
is that the numbering shall be truly automatic, i.e. I don't want to
specify "starting numbers" after an intermediate title)

Thanks for any hint,
and have a nice day!

- Joerg

PS: Please DO NOT cc me with your reply. I'm already reading the list ;-)

--
joerg.hau(at)dplanet.ch * Lausanne, Switzerland
http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/joerg.hau/