On Mar 6, 2006, at 1:42 PM, Julio Rojas wrote:

Thanx Bennet, the document classes are OK again, but the original
problems remains. When I select View->PDF (pdflatex), LyX opens the
Preview tool but no PDF file has been created. I had to print the
document to a PS file in order to preview it, via PS to PDF converter.

What happens if you quit LyX, move your ~/Library/Application Support/ LyX/preferences file aside, and restart LyX? (I'm wondering if something else in your settings has gotten corrupted.)

Bennett