Nicholas Allen wrote:

I hope someone can help me. I am trying to import a text file that contains German accented characters. The file is saved in UTF-8 format. How do I do this? If I use the import ASCII the accented characters appear as two junk characters.

Can you do a find and replace for the junk characters? Or find and replace the accented characters in the source document with your own junk string, then find and replace with accented e in the document once it's been imported to LyX? Or open the document in another word processor and change the encoding?

Those are awkward work-arounds but until LyX is supporting UTF-8 those are the only options I know.

regards,
Beth
--
"Friends don't let friends write junk."