I'm running on an iBook G4 1Ghz with 640MB of RAM. The performance was definitely not going to match Yaron's, but may I make a suggestion to all the fellow OS X users?

Download Qt4.1.1 open source Trolltech tools. I can give a configure setup that will configure, make and make install the toolset. The performance improvements to LyX is quite noticeable.

-Marc

Marc J. Driftmeyer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.reanimality.com
"Infinite Nothingness is the Limit of Being" -- marc j. driftmeyer