On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> christian> However, since no one else has given an opinion on this
> christian> I'll just let it rest. It's not like I can't create a
> christian> separate wiki later on :-)
>
> I think we can let it rest for now (although I do not like much
> advertisement on the wiki). We can do something later if things become
> worse.

No, I don't like it much either.

OTOH, since this is a public wiki, everyone are allowed to remove material
they feel is inapproriate. Or move it if they feel it should be somewhere
else. It is really only a matter of manners and courtesy to first ask on
the user's list if there's a reason for not deleting/moving it.

Here's a suggestion for a general guideline regarding inappropriate
material on the LyX wiki:

        If you see something on the wiki you feel is inapproriate, feel
        free to (re)move it yourself! If you're uncertain, ask on the
        user's list about it. In fact, it's quite safe to delete first and
        ask later, as all changes to wiki pages are tracked and can be
        restored.

If this guideline is acceptable I'll place it somewhere on the wiki for
future reference.

best regards
/Christian