Instant Preview does not seem to work for the phonetic fonts package TIPA or for Qtree in 1.4.1. I am using Mac OS version 10.4.6, and Instant Preview works correctly for math symbols/formulas, just not for phonetic fonts or trees.

Moreover, LyX 1.4.1 is just as slow when working with Instant Preview of TIPA as it was in version 1.4.0.

I recall something related was discussed in an earlier, pre-1.4 exchange on this list, but I have not seen this mentioned since (I don't think). Will there be Instant Preview support for TIPA and for tree-drawing packages in future versions of LyX?

Maria