Gerhard Schaffer wrote:

\path_prefix "C:\msys\1.0\bin;C:\Python24;C:\texmf\miktex\bin;
C:\gs\gs8.51\bin;C:\ImageMagick"
There is an interesting thing, all these Paths point to C: and not to the correct directories, nevertheless Acrobat and Yap are starteed witout problems. Why this ?

The path prefix is appended (prepended?) to the system command path; so if the path prefix directories do not exist but the correct directories are on the system command path, the programs should be found.

I think there is another problem, viewing the docu (formatted) as normal user, as lyx (or who ever) tries to save the intermediate file in Resouurce/docs where only admin has write access.

I think this is actually normal (if not necessarily desirable) behavior. LyX will attempt to write exported files, converted graphics, emergency dumps and (unless an explicit backup directory is provided) backups to the same directory where the source document lives. In this case, if the source document is one of the help files (stored in Resource/docs), LyX will try (and fail) to write any generated files (other than temporary files) there.

Now if you are talking about a document you created, rather than one of the help files, then this is something odd.

/Paul