Am Dienstag, 16. Mai 2006 18:31 schrieb Holger Blasum:
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> On 05-16, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> > I have some difficulties with my references. I use a Jabref created data
> > bank lit.bib and have coded it as iso-8859-1. If a reference contains
> > e.g. á (´a), it is not properly shown in lyx as well as in the pdf
> > output. Kimmo Elo suggested, that apparently the coding of my lyx is
> > different (utf8). But I don´t know how to find out.
>
> To guess the encoding of something (by the very nature of an
> encoding this is heuristics), the command "file" (that uses
> libmagic by Rullgard/Zoulas) is often used.
> So run "file lit.bib" and "file yourfile.lyx" to see if the
> encoding is the same in both files and if it is the same as in your
> locale. To change the encoding, use "recode" or "iconv" (warning:
> at least recode acts in-place, so perhaps make a backup first).
>
> Hope that helps,

Thanks, Holger,

that is strange:

The lyx file is ISO...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/PP-buch> file engelmann.lyx
engelmann.lyx: ISO-8859 C program text

But the bib file, produced by Jabref, although it is said to be set to
ISO-88.. by default (Options>preferences>default encoding) is UTF

pp-plants-newz.bib: UTF-8 Unicode English text
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/PP-buch/PP-chapter-bib> cd ..

What to do??

Wolfgang