Stephen Harris wrote:
Eric Zollars wrote:
I discovered that the problem is that the DVI is not displaying the rotated caption correctly. This is Yap 2.4.1803 on Windows.

pdflatex displays the rotated caption correctly (and the figure once I convert it to pdf).

So the problem appears to be DVI. (I already had this problem with a multipage landscape table, which is why I checked.)

Is this a known problem?

epslatex.pdf

1. The EPS file contains a long binary preview.
Some applications place a binary preview of the graphics at the beginning of the eps file. This allows applications (such as dvi viewers) to display the graphics even though the application cannot interpret PostScript. Currently, relatively few TEX-related
applications use such previews.

docs.miktex.org/2.5/preview.pdf [Coming attractions/upgrade of 2.4]

11 Yap
11.1 PostScript
Support for PostScript has been improved significantly. For example,
in the past Yap refused to display rotated text. This is not a problem anymore (see Figure 2). The motto is: Every DVI document that can be viewed with a PostScript viewer (after DVI-to-PostScript conversion)
can be viewed with Yap.

Regards,
Stephen