I am actually inputting VB code.   So I grabbed your
external template and updated it for .bas code.

The highlight program is converting to .tex and, in
the process, inserting "\dq{}" commands here and
there.   I don't know what these are, but they are not
very muched liked by .lyx.   If I remove them and then
use \input{file.tex} in ERT I don't have a problem.

So, whatever these dq commands are are not being
understood by .lyx.    I have to get out the LaTeX
book, I guess.

Thanks

Phil