> I am actually inputting VB code.   So I grabbed your
> external template and updated it for .bas code.
>
> The highlight program is converting to .tex and, in
> the process, inserting "\dq{}" commands here and
> there.   I don't know what these are, but they are not
> very muched liked by .lyx.   If I remove them and then
> use \input{file.tex} in ERT I don't have a problem.
>
> So, whatever these dq commands are are not being
> understood by .lyx.    I have to get out the LaTeX
> book, I guess.
I assume you've changed the cpp parameter to something else, or perhaps it's
handled fine without  it.
Then you should run highlight without any parameters (or the parameter that
gives you everything in one file  -I ) on the source code and have a look at
the output. In the output you should now see a definition of \dq like the
ones I told you of before to include in the preamble.