On 6/20/06, John Pye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What's the right string of tools to embed an SVG with alpha-channel
transparency into a LyX document so that I get the alpha channel
appearing right in the end-product PDF file?

I've tried a few combinations such as intermediate EPS and PS file (no
transparency) and 'convert' (it goes to bitmap so I lose my hard-edged
lines). I think that I need to go for an 'encapsulated PDF' somehow,
perhaps using 'rsvg-convert' but so far haven't been able to make it work.

My particular case is contour plot with coloured regions overlaid,
generated from Matplotlib and hand-edited a little with Inkscape.

Has anyone had some experience with this that they could pass on?

Have you tried to save your picture as ps and then issued the command

ps2epsi picture.eps

?

Paul