Hello,

there is a strange situation with hyphenation that seems to depend on my current formatting. The line I wrote is

---
Resulting genotype YRM5: natNT2::PADH-DON1-3mCherry::kanMX6, PADH-meGFP::URA3
---

where "PADH" both times is written with ADH as subscript, therefore these 3 letters are in a math box.

When the text is written in upright characters, all is fine. Due to nomenclature rules the text has to be italic -- and now the hyphenation does not work and the line does not break.

Can anybody please tell me why this is and how to cope with the situation?

Thanks in advance!

Cz.