On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Georg Baum wrote:

So it would really be useful to have native multirow support, but the day
has only so many hours and the number of LyX developers is small.

Georg,

  I've never used it so I have no experience of the difficulty. But, I also
assume that it's used infrequently enough to not warrant the effort to
incorporate it directly into LyX. Am I incorrect on my assumption?

  Each of us probably uses different packages more frequently than others
would. Perhaps because we tend to use one document class more than other
classes, or the type of writing we do needs different typesetting features
or abilities. Perhaps I'm just an oddball curmudgeon, but there's so much
flexibility in LaTeX that I don't think it should all be incorporated into
LyX. Focus on the 85% that most of us use most of the time and let us learn
to add the other 15% that fit our individual needs.

Rich