hi, MS Office is installed in all public libraries. However I would
like to edit my lyx files in library computer. At home I installed lyx
1.4.2 from scratch to my U-disk, hoping that I can use it on other
machine. Amazingly I can see my lyx files on other computers too.

However (1) I can not produce DVI file. (2) Instant preview of some
math fonts is missing, such as \eta

Live CD on Wiki page would reboot a computer into linux system and
then use Lyx. One can not do this on a public machine though. I think
it is meaningful to produce a portable Lyx, which can be used with
U-disk, CD or DVD. Any suggestions?

Michael